We are a multi-award winning, phenomenal, fast growing, diverse and culturally rich start up that is changing the world of sports and esports. And as we grow we want to recruit and onboard in the best way possible, whilst also providing the best support, culture and experience for our current and new team. We’re hiring a Head of Talent & Culture to work with the Founders to help create the best working experience for all.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We are seeking an exceptional Talent generalist with a strong appreciation of acquisition, HR, diversity, and team building, a passion for identifying the right people for the right position, and a commitment to creating an excellent end-to-end employee experience and contributing to an amazing culture at Sport Buff. You’ll seek to solve the organisational challenges of a rapidly growing team through people-related solutions, acting as a thought leader for all things people and culture. You’ll need to think big, offer proactive solutions and use proven strategies to guide your work. You’ll be advising the CEO and Senior Team on how we source, onboard, develop, reward and retain our team.
A key focal area of this role, will be structuring and benchmarking our employee well being, benefits and compensation programs to ensure we are at the top of our game in the market. You’ll review and work with our existing partners and platforms in addition to forging and building new relationships with external parties such as recruitment agencies and platforms, to advise and make recommendations to the Senior Management team. While developing our competitive benefits offerings, you’ll support all of our employee engagement and wellbeing activities.
The Talent role is to provide strategic direction to the organization from an hire perspective. The role will lead talent acquisition and HR overall with a key focus on new team, employee engagement, employer branding, manage performance, and overall help in scaling up of the organization and listening to our team needs.
Build on the existing culture and team activities of Sport Buff to build a powerful team experience, that supports employee well being and health, in addition to supporting the recruitment and retention of team members.
KEY TASKS OF THE ROLE:
- Help build, develop and activate the Talent plan, hands-on to start and then building out initiatives to deliver
- Spearheading and driving the people strategy in synergy with business strategy
- Designing organisational structure to support the required talent demand for smooth operations as per business plan
- Building employer branding, attracting and retaining great talent
- Forecasting talent requirements and overseeing hiring
- Conceptualising & driving Employee Engagement
- Work closely with all functions & business units to address employee issues proactively
- Building a great culture and make the Organisation a Great Place to Work
- Leading and leveraging HR processes within the business (Performance Management, Salary Planning/Reward Management, Succession Planning and Talent Management)
- Responsible for Handling Entire HR Operations
- Lead the leadership development interventions in line with future talent strategy
- Analysing compensation policies, government regulations and prevailing wage/salary rates for developing competitive compensation plans and maintaining equitable compensation system; implementing rewards & recognition programs
- Develop and implement innovative engagement schemes and HR interventions to achieve and sustain the highest engagement score
- Ensure all back-end HR operational processes are managed well in terms of accuracy, frequency & compliance leading to seamless service delivery
- Plan and deliver engaging employee and potential employee events
- Ensure the best support for team mental and general wellbeing
- Understand and love that this is around sports, so some of this will require work during unsociable hours, including weekends.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- 5+ years of career experience: Experience working within the start up, tech, sports, broadcast industry or similar is a bonus
- 2+ years of proven Talent and HR experience
- A university degree in HR and Business Administration or similar or CIPD qualified ( Level 7)
- Impeccable grammar, spelling and written communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- Amazing people skills
- A proactive approach to work. Initiative to work alone as a self-starter and collaboratively in a team environment with both senior and junior colleagues
- Strong presentation skills, with a keen interest in developing solutions
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
- Track record and history of creating culture initiatives: the failures are as important as the successes
- Experience working in a recruitment agency is a bonus
- Experience working with platforms for managing team, holiday, events, and more
- Experience working in a start-up to scale-up is a bonus
- A genuine love of Sport and the way that it is covered
- Ability to monitor and react to industry trends, developments and threat, pivoting accordingly
- An understanding of team monitoring, feedback, insight and reporting
- Ability to travel
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Working directly with some of the greatest sports and esports brands in the world
- Exciting fast paced tech start up environment, with massive potential – you are joining at the right time!
- The latest technology creating a new experience for the public and a new genre of entertainment
- A hugely passionate, diverse team who will support you all along the way
- Direct access to and support from senior team leaders (CEO, CTO, VPs etc)
- Direct empowerment to shape the business, team, and culture for the future
- Agreed flexible work hours – though you need to be available for daily briefings
- A fantastic learning experience, with long term potential from being one of the early hires in what will become a significant team and product
- Being part of something very special as we change the way sports fans engage with content
- Equity / stock options in a fast growing tech business
- Various benefits depending on locations (pension, lunches, hardware allowance, etc)
Remuneration: Competitive package of Base + benefits + equity
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or status.