Sport Buff is looking for a passionate Junior Designer who is hungry to kickstart their design career. Join us as we transform the live sports experience for 1bn sports fans. We’re changing the way people watch sports forever. Our platform is an exciting interactive overlay on live sports for fans to play with and against their friends and other fans. You will define the next iteration of the product. This role will progress your career and give you a wide experience in visual, UI, and UX design.
Here are some of the things you’ll get to be working on:
- Reporting to the Senior UI Designer and Head of UX, you will consistently deliver a high standard of work, as well as collaborating with engineering, sales and stakeholders
- Contribute to a design system that will be used by the entire product development team.
- Working with Development during handoff cycles and providing support
- Supporting UX Research and User Interviews.
- Producing prototypes and designs, creating documentation for development
- Assist with creating assets for the marketing & sales team to create pitches & demos that will be seen by high-profile clients.
- Assist with creating ‘skins’, themes, and custom assets for a client experience.
- Working closely with the QA team to ensure that the designs and behaviour have been implemented properly, assisting with running UAT tests.
- Good understanding of common UX patterns
- Designing for TV, mobile & web.
- A keen eye for detail, with a passion for pixel-perfection
- Must be passionate about sport with a strong portfolio involving:
- Sport Design, betting, or gamification.
- Branding, assets, and visual artwork.
- Mobile app design
- Relevant Illustrations, prototypes & proof of concept work.
- Use of tools like Sketch & Figma
- Relevant experience in an agency or in-house, including apprenticeships and freelance.
- Education: We don’t require a degree to apply as we value relevant experience, but if you have a college, bootcamp, or university accreditation, please provide your portfolio.
What we offer
- Working directly with some of the greatest sports and esports brands in the world
- Directly engaging millions of fans and players
- Work in an exciting fast paced tech start up environment
- Working with sports and esports!
- Up to 32 days a year annual leave (which includes your birthday).
- Up to 3% pension contributions.
- Direct access to senior team members (CEO, CTO, VPs etc)
- A hugely passionate team who will support you all along the way
- Working with some of the latest technology creating a new experience for the public
- Being one of the first hires in what will become a significant team, product and business
- Being part of something very special as we change the way sports fans engage with content
- Work remotely from anywhere you like with flexible working hours (with pre-agreed overlap with existing core team or key meetings).
- Vested equity – own a part of the company you are building!
We will provide you with a super supportive team and work environment, working on a truly innovative platform with the potential to engage millions of users. We will give you exposure to some of the world’s biggest brands in sport. And it will be a heck of a journey.
At Sport Buff, you are a key person of the team and company, and you will actually own some of the company you are building (with the employee equity scheme). Being part of this business at this stage gives you power to shape the business for the future, not just the product but the culture and team too.
Thanks for your interest in our company.
This shouldn’t be a thing, but it is…We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or status.