Sport Buff is looking for a talented product designer with UI & animation skills to join us on our journey of transforming the live sports experience for 1bn sports fans. We’re changing the way people watch sports forever. Our platform is an exciting interactive overlay on live sports for fans to play with and against their friends and other fans. You will define the next iteration of the product.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Working with our product manager and Head of UX to deeply understand our users’ goals and functional requirements of our different products.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers and our product owner to create solutions for customer problems, across multiple platforms (Web, TV, iOS & Android).
- Assist with producing low-fidelity designs before working closely with a product manager and Engineering to refine those designs.
- Assist the marketing & sales team to create pitches & demos that will be seen by high-profile clients.
- Produce interactive prototypes to bring your designs to life. The prototypes will be used both to communicate proposed user flows internally to engineers and test solutions with users
- Assist with usability testing sessions with user groups to validate your overarching solutions as well as the fine detail of the experience.
- As features are being built, you will contribute to our Figma & Zeplin design systems: working with a highly collaborative cross-functional team to ensure designs are built to spec.
- Ownership of ‘skins’, themes, and custom assets for a client experience.
- Mentor other designers who will support your role.
- Working closely with the QA team to ensure that the designs and behaviour have been implemented properly, assisting with running UAT tests.
- Work closely with and seek feedback from other product designers to ensure your work is peer-reviewed and connected to other new features or enhancements that are ongoing or in the pipeline.
- 3-5 years UI design experience for web, mobile, gaming, TV, Twitch, platforms (ideally video-based apps and games).
- Passionate about the following: motion design, gamification, interaction design, animation, iconography, or sport design.
- Experience in digital product design (UX and UI) with exceptional output, attention to detail, with coherence across the visual language: fonts, colours formatting, icons, etc.
- Familiarity in solving complex problems using an agile, iterative approach.
- A passion for understanding ‘the why’ and used to backing up design decisions with data and user feedback
- Able to assist with user research projects to deeply understand user needs and test solutions without support
- Familiarity with Sketch, Figma, InVision, Zeplin, and basic CSS/XML knowledge (No, our designers don’t code, but it helps to understand our developers!)
- Strong communicator both verbally in and writing
- Experience of using, contributing to, and updating a design system
- Proven ability to leverage data and other evidence to solve problems and make product decisions
- Comfortable navigating decisions in situations with multiple stakeholders and multiple constraints
Must be passionate about sport with a strong portfolio involving:
- Sport Design, betting, or gamification.
- Branding, assets, and visual artwork.
- Mobile app design
- Relevant Illustrations, prototypes & proof of concept work.
- Use of tools like Sketch & Figma
- Designing OTT video content
- Creating sports content, brands, and rights
- Being part of a tech start-up
- Handover with developer team
- Demonstrating gamification, animation, and engagement.
- Ability to work with team members in GMT/CET time zones
- Demonstrable passion for sports and esports
- Passion to grow into this role, to grow a team, and progress your career.
What we offer
- Working directly with some of the greatest sports and esports brands in the world
- Directly engaging millions of fans and players
- Work in an exciting fast-paced tech start-up environment
- Working with sports and esports!
- Up to 32 days a year annual leave (which includes your birthday).
- Up to 3% pension contributions.
- Direct access to senior team members (CEO, CTO, VPs etc)
- A hugely passionate team who will support you all along the way
- Working with some of the latest technology creating a new experience for the public
- Being one of the first hires in what will become a significant team, product, and business
- Being part of something very special as we change the way sports fans engage with content
- Work remotely from anywhere you like with flexible working hours (with pre-agreed overlap with existing core team or key meetings).
- Vested equity – own a part of the company you are building!
We will provide you with a super supportive team and work environment, working on a truly innovative platform with the potential to engage millions of users. We will give you exposure to some of the world’s biggest brands in sport. And it will be a heck of a journey.
At Sport Buff, you are a key person of the team and company, and you will actually own some of the company you are building (with the employee equity scheme). Being part of this business at this stage gives you power to shape the business for the future, not just the product but the culture and team too.
Thanks for your interest in our company.
This shouldn’t be a thing, but it is…We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or status.