Are you ready to change the world of sports and esports viewing?
Want to work where you can live and breathe it and become a pivotal part of a company that is changing the way that next generation audiences are engaging with their premium sporting content? If you have a background in business development or rights/ content distribution within the media industry then you have just found your perfect home. Sport Buff are looking for someone who can dedicate themselves to helping us take this game changing company right around the world.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To get involved with the founders and build an exceptional sales team developing partnerships with Broadcasters, Rights Holders, Clubs/Franchises and Federations from right around the world. You will be expected to drive revenue within existing clients relationships and create new and engaging ways to monetize opportunities with brand new Partners that you will help bring on board. This is a Now and Next opportunity as an early employee to become a key part of the company.
- Now: Lead seller with opportunity to develop partnership strategy
- Next: Lead development and activation teams through growth stage
KEY TASKS OF THE ROLE:
- Help build, develop and activate the Go To Market plan, hands-on to start and then building out the sales team to deliver
- Manage a high volume sales pipeline, filter prospects and create valuable deals.
- Put a scalable sales structure in place, with related templates and media assets to enable other staff to effectively feed into the pipeline
- Engage with and upsell existing partners leveraging scale and revenue through creative solutions.
- Create compelling presentations with bespoke proposals aligned to customers’ needs
- Respond to RFPs from partners within and outside Sport Buff’s existing portfolio
- Provide support and expertise in pitch proposal production and delivery.
- Align closely with Legal on the contract process and Finance on revenue collection
- Attending sports/ media industry conventions, e.g. Sportel, Soccerex, NAB, as a key ambassador for Sport Buff, charting opportunities and sales leads that arise
- Multi-season contracts with renewals
- Understand and love that this is around sports, so some of this will require work during unsociable hours, including weekends.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- 5+ years of business development experience – selling to broadcasters, rightsholders, media organisations, teams and franchises.
- Experience selling sports technology or SaaS solutions a bonus.
- 2+ years of proven management experience
- Good people skills
- A proactive approach to work. Initiative to work alone as a self-starter and collaboratively in a team environment with both senior and junior colleagues
- Strong presentation skills, with a keen interest in developing technologies and solutions
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
- Track record and history of exceeding sales quote
- Experience working with Hubspot pipeline tool a bonus
- A genuine love of Sport and the way that it is covered
- Ability to monitor and react to industry trends, developments and threat, pivoting accordingly
- An understanding of media monitoring, insight and data reporting including audience/consumer profiling
- Ability to travel (when the world opens up)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Working directly with some of the greatest sports and esports brands in the world
- Exciting fast paced tech start up environment, with massive potential
- The latest technology creating a new experience for the public and a new genre of entertainment
- A hugely passionate team who will support you all along the way
- Direct access to and support from senior team leaders (CEO, CTO, VPs etc)
- Flexible start and finish times – though you need to be available for daily briefings
- A fantastic learning experience, with long term potential from being one of the early hires in what will become a significant team and product
- Being part of something very special as we change the way sports fans engage with content
- Financial rewards on all deals, including renewals
- Equity / stock options in a fast growing tech business
- Various benefits depending on locations (pension, lunches, hardware allowance, etc)
- The power to shape the business for the future, not just the product but the culture and team too.
Remuneration: Competitive package of Base + commission/bonus (on initial deal and renewals) + benefits + equity