A Full Time member of the Buff team. Located in the London office with the option of 2 days WFH a week. Minimum 3 days a week will be in London. Travel may occasionally be required.
Reporting directly to the Head of Production, the Senior Content Curator will be responsible for the running and supervising of LIVE ‘Buffed’ sporting events. They will become masters of the Buff dashboard and run our high profile events whilst also helping to train and supervise our other content curators. Working daily on the dashboard, they will troubleshoot any product issues, generate solutions, pitch ideas to improve the Sport Buff dashboard user experience. The Senior Content Curator will also be required to assist with LIVE and recorded broadcaster/client demo’s. We are ideally looking for someone with a TV production, broadcast or journalist background.
This role involves working on LIVE sporting events. That means working primarily in the evenings, across weekends and public holidays. The working hours and days will shift on a weekly basis depending on our events calendar so flexibility is crucial. Those who do not wish to work unsociable hours should not apply.
- Generate fun, engaging trivia questions, predictions, polls for LIVE sporting events and VODs ensuring accuracy and creativity.
- To run and oversee LIVE Sport Buff events as the content curator.
- To supervise LIVE events, acting as SB’s point of contact and assuming responsibility.
- To ensure all production check-lists are completed pre and post event.
- To research sporting events, Esports and gaming partners.
- To assist with the editorial on partner demo videos and operate the dashboard during LIVE partner/MRL demos.
- Assist in the training of content curators. Offering guidance, support and feedback for them and reporting back to the Operations team.
- Extract, analyse & interpret stats & data generated by our events and report findings for both in-house and external use.
- To take on department leadership role when others are on leave.
- Impeccable English spelling and grammar – attention to detail.
- Passion and knowledge of a variety of sports & esports, particularly global football.
- A creative mind. Editorially sound. TV Production, Journalist, researcher experience.
- Able to spot the ‘editorial’ story, find nice facts and stats even on lower profile events.
- Confidence to run LIVE high profile Sport Buff events with minimal supervision.
- Composed under pressure. Experience working to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Experience and knowledge of streaming platforms such as twitch.
- Highly computer savvy and comfortable with technical terminology.
- Access to a computer with fast, reliable internet at home. (For WFH days)
- Team player. Happy to help out, even in other areas of the business.
- Flexibility with your working hours which will change on a weekly basis & largely be unsociable.
Bonus points but not essential
- Knowledge and interest in gaming & popular twitch gaming channels etc
- Additional languages
- Social media copywriting/account management.
- Fan engagement experience
- Experience covering LIVE sporting events / working with major sports partners.
- Experience of extracting data from analytics tools such as Amplitude.
- Experience using wordpress